I am really excited for April! It is definitely going to be a crazy busy month, but it is also nearing the summer (which means no school!). I’m going to talk about movies coming out in April that I want to see, books I am excited to read, and maybe some other random things.
Movies I’m Excited About (links to trailers in the title) :
- The Jungle Book (live action) – April 25, PG ; I am SO excited about this movie! If you haven’t seen this trailer, I implore you to watch it RIGHT now! The visuals look amazing and the cast is star studded. SO SO SO EXCITED!
- Hardcore Henry – April 8th, R ; This movie is interesting to me. If you have seen the trailer, you know that it is completely shot in the first person. I am not sure that I will see this in theaters, because I’m a poor college student and I’m afraid this first person POV might give me motion sickness. Warning, this movie will probably be very gory and vulgar.
Books I’m Excited About :
- The Waste Lands (The Dark Towers III) – Stephen King; I am about 75% done with this books and spoiler alert I love it! This review will hopefully be up in the next week.
- Watership Down – Richard Adams; Now I don’t know much about this book, honestly, but I got it for Christmas and I have been meaning to read it ever since. It is hopefully the next thing I will be reading and reviewing. Also bunnies.
- The Shining – Stephen King; Now I have definitely read this book before, but I was much younger then and I feel like I really missed out on the intricacies of this story. On top of that, Doctor Sleep (the sequel to The Shining) came out awhile back, but when I tried to read it, I felt like I didn’t have the proper knowledge of The Shining to continue Doctor Sleep.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children – Ransom Riggs; I have heard great things about this book, and am pretty excited to read it, before the movie comes out.
- Wytches – Scott Snyder; This is a graphic novel that I found out about on The Deckled Edge youtube channel (check him out hes a great booktuber).
There are a few books that I really want, but don’t quite own yet, but I wanted to include here. Due to the fact that I don’t own and have little knowledge of these, its is simply going to be a list.
- Asylum – Madeline Roux
- A Street Cat Named Bob – James Bowen
- A Mothers Reckoning – Sue Klebold
- Batman and Psychology – Travis Langley
- Vegetarian – Han Kang
- The Girl in the Red Coat – Kate Gamer
Other Things I’m Excited About:
- School to end! I can’t wait to not be stressed for ~3 months.