Rated – R
Directed by Adam Robitel
Starring – Jill Larson, Anne Ramsay, and Michelle Ang
A documentary team tries to make a movie about an elderly women with dementia
Right after watching Hush (see my review for that here) my roommate talked me into watching THIS! Fun fact about myself – old people kind of creep me out and let me tell you this DID NOT help.
The Good –
- This movie is a well done “found footage” movie. Which I really appreciate. I love seeing this format of film done well.
- All of the acting was good, which I honestly never expect when I watch a horror movie. I was especially impressed with Jill Larson.
- I expected this to be a cliche exorcism movie, and it wasn’t. It was an interesting twist.
- I audibly screamed at least 2 times during this movie. I sure everyone else in the my residence hall hates me because of it. Like honestly, this move is actually terrifying. I actually woke up at 4:30 this morning because I had a nightmare from it.
- The imagery is disgusting and call me a freak but I LOVED it.
The Bad –
- There were instances where this fell into the found footage movie cliches. Especially during the climax and it actually made me really nervous, but after thinking about it for awhile, I am bothered about it.
- There were a couple characters I couldn’t care less if they lived or died. They seemed pointless to the story.
This movie was SO CREEPY I really liked it, but if you want to sleep, don’t watch this one. This movie is on Netflix, so if you are interested you know where to find it.