Reading back on my “Things Excited for April” post, I found myself pretty upset that I didn’t get more reading done. Because I don’t have THAT much to wrap up, I decided just to put the two posts together.
April Wrap Up
During April I :
- read 2 books
- watched 2 TV series
- watched 5 movies
The books I read were ,Desert Exile; The Uprooting of a Japanese American Family (rated 6.5/10) and The Dark Tower III : The Waste Lands (rated 7.5/10). Both were interesting and entertaining reads, but I do wish I would have gotten more reading done.
Favorite book I read this month – The Dark Tower III : The Waste Lands
The two TV series I watched this month were, Documentary Now (rated 8.5/10) and Portlandia (which I didn’t review on my blog, but LOVED). These series both star Fred Armisen, so if he isn’t your cup of tea, I wouldn’t recommend these. Seriously though, I loved both of these so much.
Favorite show I watched this month – Definitely Portlandia. Seriously go watch it right now.
The five movies I watched were, Water Horse (rated 7/10), Circle (rated 8/10), We Need to Talk About Kevin (rated 9.5/10) (all included in my Movie Night Reviews post), Hush (rated 8.5/10), and The Taking of Deborah Logan (7.5/10). This was a month FULL of thrillers and horror films. I obviously really liked all the movies I have seen this month, and lucky for y’all, they are ALL on Netflix, so check them out!
Favorite movie I watched this month – We Need to Talk About Kevin. This movie is SO good. It is deeply unsettling, but in a really good way.
Things I’m Excited About in May
Movies I’m Excited About :
It’s May, and you know what that means? SUMMER MOVIE SEASON! It also means that I will actually have time to go see these movies in the theaters.
- Captain America : Civil War – May 6. PG-13: Okay who is even surprised this is on here? I love superhero movies (and am wanting to get more into the comics at some point), and I can’t even hide it. Most of our favorite heroes are gonna be in this movie (including Spiderman!) so how could I even stay away?
- X-Men Apocalypse – May 27 : Again with the heroes? I’m not even sorry. I would venture to say that X-Men : Days of Future Past is one of the best superhero films I have ever seen, and I can’t wait for this one either.
- Alice Through the Looking Glass – May 27. PG : I know that the first Tim Burton Alice movie wasn’t super well liked, but I honestly liked it a lot. I really didn’t expect this to ever come out, but I am glad it is. I also love the source material.
Books I’m Excited About :
Ok so I know I had this HUGE list of things I planned on reading in April, and I literally read one of the books on that list. So most of my list is going to be the same, with a couple differences.
- The Road – Cormac McCarthy; I’m currently reading this book, and am enjoying it. I’d say I’m about 25% the way through it.
- The Shining – Stephen King; I still desperately want to read this. I just haven’t found time/wasn’t really in the mood to commit to a (somewhat) large book.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children – Ransom Riggs; Again, desperately want to read this, but just haven’t found the time.
- Wytches – Scott Snyder; Honestly, I think this is the next thing I’m going to pick up, because I really need a change. I’m not really in a reading slump, but I just want to do something a little different.
Again there a few books that I really want but don’t own yet:
- A Mothers Reckoning – Sue Klebold
- Batman and Psychology – Travis Langley
- Game of Thrones series (maybe I’m still thinking this through)
T.V. I’m Excited About:
- The only thing I can think of that I really want to watch is Gravity Falls. I watched it some when I was younger, but I’m very interested in the underlying conspiracies that happen in this series.
I’m hoping that I will have more time to read during summer, because school was just draining me this last semester. I really hope I can make it to 25 books by the end of the year. If I don’t get there I’m gonna be pretty sad, so I really need to step up my game.
Thanks for reading and I hope you had a fulfilling April and are excited for May!