Ok so I actually wasn’t tagged for this, but I was in the mood to do one of these, and talking about shopping for books is almost as good as actually doing it. Rose Read’s post of this tag is what actually brought my attention to it, so go check hers out.
1. What do you like about buying new books?
This question is odd for me, because I enjoy new books, but I love buying a secondhand book even more. Not only does the idea of finding and reading a book I’ve been looking for forever excited me to no end, I also want to have a HUGE book collection some day (like think library from Beauty and Beast huge).
2. How often do you buy new books?
Depends on my mood actually. In March I bought a TON of books, but in April I didn’t buy one. I think it also has to do with the fact that, while at college, I don’t have any desirable bookstores in my area. (That’s probably for the best though. I would be even more broke if there was.)
3. Bookstore or online book shopping?
Is this even a question? Of course bookstore. While online is much more convenient searching for a book that I want is a lot more fun for me. You also meet some really cool people in bookstores.
4. Do you have a favorite bookshop?
I often find myself at a 2nd and Charles or a Barnes and Nobles (if I’m not feeling frugal), but my all-time favorite bookstore is a little Half-Priced Bookstore, in San Antonio. Even though I know it is a chain, this place feels like a family-owned bookstore. It is so cute and homey there, and they have a great selection.
5. Do you preorder books?
I never have before, but I’ve considered it a few times. Brand new releases are just a little too expensive for me to indulge on.
6. Do you have a monthly book buying limit?
While I should put an actual $ amount on my limit, I usually draw the line when I look at the amount of books I have acquired and realize its gonna take like a year to finish them all.
7. Book buying bans – Are they something for you?
No but they probably should be.
8. How big is your wishlist?
My amazon wishlist has 82 books on it, but that’s only the books I don’t want to spend an arm and leg, so I ask for them for gifts instead.
9. Which three books from your wishlist do you wish to own NOW!?
- Monkey Mind: A Memoir of Anxiety – Daniel Smith I read about a fourth of this book in a bookstore once, but didn’t have the money to buy it at the time and I’ve been wanting this book ever since, but can’t ever find it anyway. Someday I’m just going to have to buy it for myself.
- Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy Knight – Travis Langley, Dennis O’Neil, Michael Uslan: This book is relatively new, which is why I haven’t bought it yet, but I’m so excited to get my hands on it.
- A Mother’s Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of a Tragedy – Sue Klebold: This is a book by the mother of one of the Columbine shooters, and it is just her explaining her grief and other experiences with living with the fact that her son caused such destruction. I REALLY want to read this, it sounds so interesting.
(I just realized these all have to do with psychology I guess I’m just in a deep thinking mood.)
I’m not going to tag anyone basically because I’m lazy, but if anyone else wants to complete this please do, I’m interested in seeing everyone’s answers.