May Wrap Up
At first I thought this wrap up was going to be embarrassing, but I happened to catch up towards the end of the month.
During April I:
- Read 2 books
- Listened to a book
- Watched 5 movies
- Reached a milestone!
The books I read were The Road – Cormac McCarthy (rated 6.5/10) and Watership Down – Richard Adams (rated 9.5/10). In terms of the books I read they were really polar opposites. The Road was dark, and actually disappointed me. Watership Down was a light, fun read and it really surprised me how much I loved it.
The book I listened to was The Devil Wears Prada – Lauren Weisberger (a review is coming soon). It was the first audio book I have listened to in awhile, and I really liked the experience. I also liked the book more than I expected to.
Favorite book I read this month – Watership Down – Richard Adams. It might even be my favorite book I have read so far this year.
I watched a TON of movies this month, but was never particularly inspired to write reviews over any of them.
I watched RENT for the the first time, and loved it! I would rate it 9/10! Another musical I watched (because I love musicals) was Across The Universe, a musical based around The Beatles’ music. I like this movie, and the critics loved it, but it a little to stylized for my taste. I would rate it 7.75/10
I introduced my friends to a classic horror movie, The Exorcist. I loved this movie already, I would rate it 8/10 because it is a little slow.
I had a movie night with my mom a while back and watched The Intern, the new movie starring Anne Hathaway and Robert De Niro. It was cute, but sometimes became really silly. I wish it would have been more consistent, so I would rate it a 6/10.
Finally, I saw Captain America: Civil War, and LOVED it. I decided not to review it, because I had to wait a long time to see it, so anyone interested in a review would have seen it long before me. I do have another post planned about this, coming out soon. Regardless, this movie was everything I wanted it to be and more, I would rate it a 9.5/10
This month I hit 100 followers! That is 100 people more than I expected and I am so excited and grateful for every single one of y’all.
Exciting Things In June
Books I am Excited About:
- I am currently reading Trainspotting – Irvine Welsh. It seems like a difficult read, but I am excited to read it, for the experience.
- A Monster Calls – Patrick Ness. I have heard nothing but good things about this book, so I am excited to pick this up.
- Eragon – Christopher Paolini. I plan to start this series this month.
Movies I am Excited About:
- X-Men Apocalypse – May 27, PG-13: I haven’t seen this yet, but I will soon. I am so excited!
- Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping – June 3, R: If you don’t know what this is, it is The Lonely Island’s latest movie. It seems to be making fun of Justin Bieber’s documentary Never Say Never (which I loved when I was 13). I looks HILARIOUS!
- The Conjuring 2: The Endfield Experiment– June 10, R – The Conjuring was SO good, so of course I want to see the second.
What are you excited for in June? I would love to know! Thanks for reading!