Rated : PG-13
Directed by : Bryan Singer
Starring : James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence
With the emergence of the world’s first mutant, Apocalypse, the X-Men must unite to defeat his extinction level plan.
I have been looking forward to this movie since the end of Days of Future Past. I honestly think the newer X-Men movies are the best comic book movies coming out right now.
- If you haven’t seen all the previous X-Men, you will miss a lot of the meaty details in this one. I know that may be a bad thing to some, but it made me feel rewarded for being a long time fan.
- The addition of so many new X-Men! I fangirled so hard when I saw Storm and Cyclops show up!
- The casts’ execution of these iconic characters is spot on. I especially love McAvoy, as Charles Xavier and Evan Peters as Quicksilver.
- Speaking of Quicksilver, if you have seen Days of Future Past, you expected them to outdo his “super speed scene”, and they did…TWICE! I loved it so much. Even if the rest of the movie was terrible, it would still be worth seeing just for that.
- Of course, the movie is beautiful, just like before.
- I didn’t like Jean Grey in this movie (played by Sophie Turner). I don’t know if it was personal preference, bad writing, or acting that just didn’t hold up with the rest of the cast, but I couldn’t get behind her.
- The only other thing that really bothered me was the way Apocalypse looked. He was too small. Apocalypse should be like 9 feet tall, but he was maybe 6. He was even shorter than some of the X-Men. It was really distracting.
I loved this movie, and I will probably even go see it again.